Status: Various shifts available
Supervisor: Wellness & Recreation Director
Salary: $16.50 - $18.50 per hour
The Springfield JCC takes the welfare and safety of staff, children and program participants very seriously. On an ongoing basis, we align our operating procedures with guidance from the CDC, our Medical Advisory Committee and the state. In response to current local public health situations, our practices have previously included, and in the future may include, ensuring proper physical distancing, sanitation, hygiene, vaccination requirements, and use of masks to promote the health of our staff and program participants.
The Springfield Jewish Community Center seeks qualified individuals to fill Lifeguard positions. Lifeguards are responsible for surveying our indoor swimming pool and supervising swimmers during free swim and while participating in instructional swim and aquatics programs. Their duties include speaking with swimmers to enforce swimming rules, keeping track of each swimmer in the water, and administering first aid to injured swimmers and performing water rescues when needed.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
- Opening and closing the pool each day according to scheduled shift
- Closely monitoring activities related to the pool area, identifying any safety issues throughout shift
- Directing swimmers out of water in dangerous conditions
- Enforce rules and regulations at the pool
- Closely monitoring weather reports to make sure guests remain safe
- Organizing and overseeing daily pool operations
- Providing swim lessons when applicable or assigned
- Maintaining a clean pool environment
- Submit reports as required and keep records
- Render First-Aid when necessary, in view of Department Policy
Minimum Age Requirements: 16 years old
Qualifications: Must currently hold Lifeguard, First Aid, and CPR certifications.
PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR CURRENT AND UP TO DATE RESUME ALONG WITH ALL CERTIFICATIONS.