Fitness Room Attendants
Status: Part-time shifts vary between:
Monday-Friday 5:45 AM - 7:15 PM, Sat/Sun 7:45am-2:15pm.
Reports to: Wellness and Recreation Director
Minimum Age Requirements: 18 years old
Hourly Rate: $15, plus $200 sign-on bonus!
Overview of the Role:
Responsible for member service, standard operations, enforcing policies, monitoring, and cleanliness of the Fitness Center including equipment and laundry.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in the supervision and safe operation of the fitness center
- Adhere to emergency action plan
- Greet all members and guests and maintain a friendly and professional demeanor at all times
- Enforce policies and rules with tact and diplomacy
- Perform daily fitness center and equipment cleaning and report any repair related issues as needed
- Maintain towel supply including operating washer and dryer, folding towels, and restocking shelves.
- Other duties as assigned by the Wellness and Recreation Director to ensure the safety of members and successful operation of the Fitness Center
- Willingness to carry out the mission of the Springfield Jewish Community Center
- Ability to work independently, utilize initiative, and poses strong customer service
- Ability to be able to react calmly and effectively in emergency situation
- Ability to operate or learn to operate all fitness equipment
- Knowledgeable and interested in Health and Wellness
Equipment: Various forms of strength and cardiovascular equipment, washer & dryer, supplies for cleaning and laundry
Our organization is serious about Safety! During the COVID-19 pandemic we implemented several additional safety protocols, including PPE, cleaning supplies, cleaning schedules, and training.
- CPR/AED certified *Required
- First Aid certified a plus
- Wellness experience strongly preferred but not required. College coursework in health and sport sciences a plus. Certification as a trainer or group fitness instructor a plus.
About the Springfield JCC:
The Springfield Jewish Community Center is a welcoming and vibrant presence in western Massachusetts on the Longmeadow/Springfield line. The JCC’s 80,000 sq. ft. facility sits on 23 acres of land and includes a premier health, ﬁtness, and aquatics center (including an indoor pool); preschool; and grounds including three playgrounds, ropes course, basketball and tennis courts, and sports ﬁelds. The JCC offers programs for all ages, including preschool, youth and teen programs, adult programs, senior adult life programs, and is home to the JCC Health & Fitness Center.
The Springfield JCC enriches community and nurtures wellness through physical, intellectual, social, and spiritual programs and services. The J is guided by Jewish values, welcoming and respecting people of all abilities, ages, backgrounds, identities, and faiths.