Position: Preschool Teacher
Supervisor: Early Learning Center Director
Salary: $37,000-$44,700 ($17.75-$21.50/per hour)
Plus up to $2,000 sign-on bonus!
The Springfield JCC takes the welfare and safety of staff, children and program participants very seriously. On an ongoing basis, we align our operating procedures with guidance from the CDC, our Medical Advisory Committee and the state. In response to current local public health situations, our practices have previously included, and in the future may include, ensuring proper physical distancing, sanitation, hygiene, vaccination requirements, and use of masks to promote the health of our staff and program participants.
Full-time Employee benefits include:
- Complimentary JCC Family Membership (includes gym membership)
- JCC program discounts (includes child care and summer camp)
- Professional Development opportunities, including support for further certification
- Up to 21 paid holidays per calendar year (includes Jewish and national holidays)
- 403B retirement plan with employer sponsorship
- Life insurance
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- For a full list of benefits for full-time employees at the JCC, please click here
Are you passionate about teaching young children? Would you love a work environment that is positive and energetic? A place where your time, enthusiasm, and skills are appreciated? The Early Learning Center at the Springfield JCC is now hiring full-time lead teachers in our infant, toddler, and preschool programs. Our classrooms are developmentally appropriate learning environments that align with the National Association for the Education of Young Children standards and the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) regulations.
- Using knowledge of child development and learning in context to create a caring community of learners that is centered on the children
- Engaging in reciprocal partnerships with families/caretakers and fostering community connections
- Observing, documenting, and assessing children’s development and learning
- Teaching to enhance each child’s development and learning
- Understanding and using content areas to plan and implement an engaging curriculum designed to meet goals that are important and meaningful for children, families, and the community in the present as well as the future
- Making decisions as an early childhood professional that exemplify ethical, intentional, and reflective judgment and practice
- Must be EEC-certified. Please click here for EEC requirements.
- Applicants from all faiths are invited to apply
PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR CURRENT AND UP TO DATE RESUME WITH EMPLOYMENT HISTORY FOR CONSIDERATION.