Group Leaders - After School Program
Position: Group Leader
Department: Youth and Family
Locations: KidSpace at the Springfield JCC and CAP (Children At Play) Offsite Elementary Schools in East Longmeadow, MA. (Meadow Brook and Mapleshade)
Status: Part-Time shifts (M-F 6:30 am -8:30 am (EL locations only) and 2:30 pm - 6:00 pm (all locations); Fridays we close at 5:30 p.m.
Supervisor: Directors and Coordinators within the Youth and Family department will be responsible for mentoring and supervising site coordinators.
Rate: Up to $17/hour+
A Group Leader Serves under the KidsSpace and CAP leadership and site coordinators. Group Leaders are responsible for supervising and leading children in engaging and safe group activities; Responsible for assisting with creating activities for programming. A group leader strives to further the mission of the JCC by creating quality programming for the JCC’s membership and the larger Springfield community.
- Assist the Site Coordinator in daily activity design and implementation
- Engage professionally with children, staff, and families/caretakers daily
- Complete all incident and accident reports in a timely manner
- Attend and contribute to monthly staff meetings
- Supervise all children
- Ensure the safety and well-being of all children
- Maintain daily attendance sheets
- Assist with snacks for children
- Lead activities as planned by Site Coordinator/leadership
- Communicate with parents and guardians under the supervision of the Site Coordinator as needed
- Current High School Senior or High School Diploma
- Age 18 or older
- Effective communication skills – both verbally and written
- Competent in speaking and writing the English language
- Ability to multitask effectively under pressure
- Experience in working with school-aged children
- First Aid and CPR Certification
- Successful background check
- Community Center and/or Public School locations
- Indoor and outdoor settings all year round
- Pool and Locker room supervision (JCC location only)
- Ability to stand for several hours
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
The Springfield JCC takes the welfare and safety of staff, children and program participants very seriously. On an ongoing basis, we align our operating procedures with guidance from the CDC, our Medical Advisory Committee and the state. In response to current local public health situations, our practices have previously included, and in the future may include, ensuring proper physical distancing, sanitation, hygiene, vaccination requirements, and use of masks to promote the health of our staff and program participants.