Welcome Desk Receptionist - Part-Time (Plus Sign-On Bonus)
Welcome Desk Receptionist (Plus $200 Sign-On Bonus!)
Overview of the Role:
Responsible for providing a welcoming customer service experience to members, guests, and staff of the Center by phone, email, and in person. Answers and directs phone calls, small purchase transactions and data entry, etc. Assists with the completion of Center mailings and other administrative projects, as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greets members and guests warmly, directing them to their destination and answering questions
- Engages with current and prospective members by providing up-to-date information about programs, events, and what’s happening around the center; answering inquiries about programs, services and events through the building
- Answers membership questions, enters new members, issues key fobs
- Works with members to establish user confidence with JCC technology or process changes that may occur
- Responds directly to member feedback with follow through to appropriate departments and additional follow-up to member
- Answers phones, screens and directs calls, provides information to callers and/or takes and relays messages, when appropriate
- Maintains accurate cash drawer, reconciling payments, and cash at the end of shift.
- Consistently updating Invoice reprints
Mail- Incoming and Outgoing
- Distributes incoming mail and packages. Meters outgoing mail
- Assists with mailings, including folding, labeling, tabbing and sorting, and collating, as assigned
- Assists with bulk mailings
- Data Entry
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School Graduate, College Degree Preferred
- 3+ years customer service experience, preferable in an office environment
- Excellent competency in the English language
- Ability to multi-task effectively under pressure
- Ability to manage money, accepts payments, make appropriate change and reconcile at end of shift.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Ability to learn company database software.
- Ability to work a multi-line telephone/ answering system
- Professional presentation
- Knowledge of customer service principles and best practices.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit; repetitive motion using hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; speak and hear on a telephone system.
- Folding, tabbing, labeling, and writing are also an essential requirement for this position.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to view the computer screen for majority of working hours is an essential requirement for this position.
- Must be flexible with work schedule as needed.